WELCOME to TRUTH ... not TASERS

You may have arrived here via a direct link to a specific post. To see the most recent posts, click HERE.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No anatomical cause of death in taser incident

September 23, 2008
The Brampton Guardian

BRAMPTON - Friday's autopsy on a Brampton man zapped by a Taser in a Peel police station has not revealed any "anatomical" cause of death, the province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has revealed. The pathologist has ordered toxicology tests at the Centre for Forensic Sciences in Toronto to try to determine how Sean Reilly, 42, died.

He went into "medical distress" after being Tasered in the cell area of Mississauga's 12 Division Sept. 16. He was in a struggle with four Peel officers who have now been designated as subject officers in the SIU investigation. A fifth officer has been deemed a witness officer in the incident.

Reilly was jolted with the Taser around 5 p.m. Sept. 16, following his arrest for assault with a weapon at a Mississauga home. He was taken to hospital where he died almost 12 hours later.

Reilly's family members have said, through their lawyer, that they want to know the details surrounding his Tasering and death.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in support of a moratorium; in fact, I am in support of an outright ban against tasers.

I applaud your website with the names of taser victims and I have posted your list on YouTube.

I wish you had a contact tab so that I could communicate directly however Thank you for the list of taser related deaths that I have uploaded on YouTube. I have also given you credit for the list and listed your website as well.

Best reagrds

Reality Chick said...

Buddy, thank you for your support. If you would like to contact me, leave a "private" message on my guestbook, including your e-mail address. Thank you.