WELCOME to TRUTH ... not TASERS

You may have arrived here via a direct link to a specific post. To see the most recent posts, click HERE.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

North Carolina man hospitalized after tasing

Boy, do I count myself lucky that I didn't end up in the neuro intensive care unit after I fell and banged my head on the rock-hard, frozen-solid ICE at the skating rink last winter!! I could have used a couple of extra-strength Tylenol except that I heard somewhere that they were less safe than tasers.

August 12, 2008
By Richard Gould | Hickory Daily Record

Michael Douglas Connor, 25, of Hickory is in the Neuro Intensive Care Unit at Frye Regional Medical Center after being Tasered by a Hickory police officer Monday.

Hickory Police Capt. Clyde Deal said Connor ignored verbal commands and ran after the officer tried to serve an outstanding warrant for drug and alcohol related charges. The officer caught him on Ninth Ave. and fired his Taser, Deal said.

The suspect again refused to cooperate with the officer and a second 50,000 jolt was delivered. The second charge caused Connor to fall to the ground and hit his head on a railroad tie, Deal said.

Two other recent Taser incidents involving police - one in Statesville and one in Charlotte - resulted in the deaths of two suspects.

No comments: