You may have arrived here via a direct link to a specific post. To see the most recent posts, click HERE.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Newfoundland man shot with taser upgraded from critical condition

December 22, 2008
The Canadian Press

GANDER — RCMP say the condition of a man who was shot with a stun gun during a violent confrontation at a residence in a small community in central Newfoundland has stabilized.

Sgt. Wayne Newell says the 29-year-old was upgraded from critical condition in a hospital in Gander.

RCMP say the case of Michael Douglas Keats of Sandringham was heard today in provincial court in Gander. Keats, who was represented by his lawyer, was remanded into custody until Jan. 6, pending a psychiatric assessment.

He is charged with three counts of assault with a weapon, uttering threats, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public, two charges of mischief and seven charges of breach of undertaking.

Police have said two officers were forced to use a Taser the front of their vehicle was struck with an axe on Friday. They had been called to a residence in Sandringham where a man was reportedly wielding a knife and behaving violently.

No comments: