You may have arrived here via a direct link to a specific post. To see the most recent posts, click HERE.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Taser-linked deaths in Canada

June 23, 2008
Canwest News Service

A man died Monday in Norfolk County, about 130 kilometres southwest of Toronto, after being Tasered by Ontario Provincial Police.


Robert Knipstrom, 36, of Chilliwack British Columbia, was killed after struggling with police in November. Police used pepper spray, the taser and a baton to subdue Knipstrom.

Howard Hyde, 45, of Dartmouth Nova Scotia, died about 30 hours after being tasered by police in November. A paranoid schizophrenic who had stopped taken his medication, he'd been arrested for assaulting his girlfriend.

Robert Dziekanski, 40, in the Vancouver Airport in October.

Quilem Registre, 39, in Montreal after being stopped by police on suspicion of drunk driving, also in October.


Jason Dean, 28 in Red Deer while running from police in August.


Alesandro Fiacco, 33 in Edmonton, arrested while wandering into traffic in December.

James Foldi, 39, of Beamsville, Ont., while being arrested for breaking and entering in July.

Paul Sheldon Saulnier, 42, while being restrained by police in Digby N.S. in July.

Gurmeet Sandhu, 41, of Surrey B.C., while being restrained during a domestic dispute in June.

Kevin Geldart, 34, in Moncton, N.B., in May during an altercation with police in a bar.


Samuel Truscott, 43, of Kingston, Ont., was tasered by police during arrest. His death was ruled a drug overdose.

Jerry Knight, 29, a semi-pro boxer was tasered by police at a Mississauga motel in July after complaints he had become violent.

Robert Bagnell, 44, while in custody of the Vancouver police in June. He had cocaine in his system.

Peter Lamonday, 33, while being restrained by police in London, Ont. in May.

Roman Andreichikov, 25, high on cocaine and being restrained by Vancouver police also in May.

Perry Ronald, 28, while being restrained by Edmonton police after jumping from a window in March.


Clark Whitehouse, 34, tried to flee the Whitehorse RCMP after being stopped in traffic in September.

Clayton Alvin Willey, 33, of Prince George was also high on cocaine when tasered by police while trespassing in July.

Terry Hanna, 51, was tasered by Burnaby RCMP in April during a break and enter. Cocaine was also involved.

No comments: